PM Samaras & Education Minister Loverdos Meet Tomorrow
A meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow between Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras and Education Minister Andreas Loverdos, concerning the nation's universities and technological educational institutions financial outlook, as reported by ANA-MPA.
Government Vice President and Foreign Minister Evangelos Venizelos along with Alternate Finance Minister Christos Staikouras, will be in attendance. The discussions concern spending cuts, that make up 12% to 18% for universities and technological educational institutions, and are even larger figures for research institutions.
Loverdos addressed the Parliamentary Committee on Cultural and Educational Affairs on proposals he would table during discussions. He stated that the Education Ministry plans to determine self-financing methods for universities and technological educational institutions, in order to surpass the challenges associated with spending decreases.
- Education Minister Kerameus in New York for Transforming Education Summit
- All protection measures are being observed, Education Min Kerameus says
- Education Minister Kerameus' meetings in New York
- Pupils' faith, nationality no longer to feature on certificates
- Education Ministry meeting on prevention of smoking in schools