Actress, singer and producer Rita Wilson is set to perform at New York City's Cafe Carlyle during its 2014 fall season.
Wilson will debut on the Cafe Carlyle stage on September 24th, and appear until October 4th. The Greek-American's performances come before the release of her second album, scheduled for early next year. Her first album AM/FM was released in 2012.
Manhattan's Upper East Side Cafe Carlyle venue is famous for its classic cabaret style offerings, and has hosted many leading entertainers including Woody Allen and Judy Collins. It has offered musical performances since 1955 and is a sophisticated supper club.
Wilson's mother was born in a Greek village, in modern day Albania. The Greek-American star's Hellenic ethnicity plays a large role in her existence. She served as My Big Fat Greek Wedding's producer, which is the highest grossing independent film ever.
Rita Wilson also produced and held a role in My Life in Ruins. She is now set to produce the sequel to My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Wilson attends St. Sofia's Greek Orthodox church in Los Angeles regularly, with her husband Tom Hanks.
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson receive passports from Greek PM
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, were released from Australian hospital
- Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson infected with Coronavirus
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson invite all to join celebrations for 200th anniversary of Greek Independence (video)