This year's Canadian "Krinos Taste of the Danforth" Greek festival hosted approximately 1.5 million people!
The annual event held in Toronto's Greektown, occurs each August and is the nation's biggest street festival. It was established in 1993 and occurs every year along Danforth Avenue for about two kilometers.
It provides a plethora of free activities for all age groups, along with traditional Hellenic festival offerings. The massive three-day festival is organized and conducted by a group of community volunteers. Three candidates contending for mayor tweeted about their experience at the festival.
Mayor Rob Ford tweeted the text below:
"Very pleased to welcome the amazing crowd here on the #Danforth tonight! Great turn out #Toronto. Have fun, be safe."
Candidate John Tory tweeted:
"Great night at the @Taste_Danforth festival! A summer tradition in #Toronto! #OneToronto ."
Candidate Olivia Chow tweeted the following statement:
"Channel your inner Greek at @Taste_Danforth. This weekend, join me at Canada's largest street festival. #TASTE2014 pic.twitter.com/l0LqGOXHVr"
- NATO helicopter crash – One dead, search and rescue (SAR) with Greek support continues
- Canada, Greece celebrate good ties at Acropolis Museum event on Canada Day
- Four new weekly flights from Athens to Montreal and Toronto
- Ψυχασθενής ο δράστης της επίθεσης στο Τορόντο
- Τορόντο: Δυο οι νεκροί στην Greektown