Melbourne Kicks Off Flavours of Greece Culinary Event
Melbourne has began its yearly Flavours of Greece festival, that lasts for four weeks and offers an abundance of Hellenic fare.
The Greek culinary event is presented by Barbaresso Oyzo, where the city's leading Hellenic restaurants are set to showcase their best items. Melbourne has a plethora of popular Greek dining establishments, that encompass a variety of different ambiances and dishes.
This year marks the Flavours of Greece's fifth year. On Saturday, a Greek Gourmet Walking Safari food tour is being led by author Victoria Kyriakopoulos and Food Safari's Maeve O'Meara.
Leading Greek restaurants participating in the Flavours of Greece include Kalimera, The Greek Deli and Tavera, Alpha Ouzeri, Zimari, Piraeus Blues, Spitiko, and the Argo Fish Shop.
- Taste Atlas: Greek cuisine second in the world: Kalamata oil, Aegina pistachios, dakos and saganaki are loved by foreigners
- Australia's Greek diaspora welcomes plan to open GNTO office in Melbourne
- Michelin guide will promote Greek gastronomy worldwide
- 'Open Horizons - Ancient Greek Journeys and Connections' exhibition inaugurated in Melbourne
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"