Greek-American heartthrob John Stamos celebrates his 51st birthday today.
The Hollywood actor's original Greek surname was Stamatopoulos or Σταματόπουλος, and was anglicized when his paternal grandparents moved to the United States.
Stamos' latest film My Man is a Loser debuted on July 25th, while it was recently announced that the star is set to guest appear on ABC's musical comedy show Galavant.
Upon hearing of a My Big Fat Greek Wedding sequel, the Greek-American posted about his desire to star in the comedy, via twitter. Stamos tweeted that his: "Greek ass better be in it". He went on to add: "@RitaWilson WAIT. A Big Fat Greek sequel??? Is this real life? Please say it's true, @RitaWIlson..." TRUE!".
The Greek-American star further tweeted: "I was supposed to do the first one but we had director issues RT". The Californian born actor is most widely knows for his role as uncle Jesse Katsopolis on the ABC hit 1990's sitcom Full House.
- Daniel Craig blockbuster to be filmed on Spetses
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York