Greek-American Netflix executive Ted Sarandos is set to receive the Brandon Tartifkoff Legacy Award, during the 2015 NATPE conference and marketplace.
The ceremony will occur at Miami Beach's Fontainebleau Resort and will be chaired by late-night host Craig Ferguson. The event commemorates industry professionals who are creating concrete marks in entertainment, just as Tartikoff did. The Greek-American has been selected for the award, due to how Netflix under his direction, altered entertainment.
Sarandos has been termed a "Greek Titan" by Time Magazine, who placed him on their list of "100 Most Influential People in the World", that includes entrepreneurs, athletes, artists and innovators. An acclaimed movie industry guru, 2014 marks his fourteenth year as the leader in content acquisition for Netflix. He also serves as Consultant of the Digital Entertainment Group and is a member of the Los Angeles Film Festival and Tribeca Film Festival boards.
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York
- Pantelis Voulgaris’ Little England on Netflix, DVD, Amazon Instant Video and iTunes