Australian Greek Welfare Society Holds Culture Workshops
The Australian Greek Welfare Society (AGWS) has facilitated professional care training workshops for individuals working with Greek families or people, that are culturally applicable.
Workshop attendees will learn about Hellenic culture via skills, knowledge and awareness, while a plethora of topics will be discussed. Topics cover identity, ethnicity, cultural norms, and Greek Orthodoxy, among others.
The AGWS training workshops are founded on a Training Needs Analysis covering 79 organizations cross-regionally and the CALD Effective Engagement Strategy, as reported by Neos Kosmos.
The course is open to all levels of workers and is $165 for all needed materials and classes. To gain additional information on the Australian Greek Welfare Society (AGWS) workshop, contact its Community Services Project Officer Adonis Maglis at: (03) 9388 9998.
- Greek-Australian leaders fear violence ahead of “March for Macedonia” rally in Melbourne
- UCLA receives $5 million to establish center for the study of Hellenic culture
- Greek-Australian Leaders Offer Opinions On Greece
- Greek-Australian Community Has Mixed Views On Gay Marriage
- Greek-Australians & Chania Fund "42nd Street" Anzac Memorial