The Greek Embassy in Australia honored Judge Emilios Kyrou, with an award of great merit.
Judge Kyrou of the Victorian Supreme Court was offered the highest honor, due to his vast achievements within the Greek-Australian community. Other distinguished members of the community were also honored; Australian political figures Maria Vamvakinou and Nickolas Varvaris were among the guests.
The event commemorated Greek Independence Day and was held at the Ambassador of Greece's Canberra home. Addtionally, Federal MP Nickolas Varvaris and chairman of the Parliamentary Friendship Group Greece-Australia spoke during the celebrations and discussed the close and lengthy collaborations between Greece and Australia, according to Neos Kosmos.
- Greek Embassy reopening in Kyiv
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"
- North Macedonia Minister installs “Macedonia” sign on Ministry, causing official complaint by Greek Embassy
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- 'Everything turned black in the middle of the day' says Greek-Australian who lost his house in the NSW fires