Acting Nassau County, New York's District Attorney Madeline Singas recently created a new campaign video, that can be seen by scrolling to the very bottom of this article.
Singas is a first generation Greek-American and was sworn in to her post on Tuesday, January 6th. The 48-year-old Manhasset resident stated after taking the oath of office, "I came from very humble beginnings...My parents could not speak English...they came as immigrants to this country and today I am here to show that the American dream is alive and well in Nassau County in 2015."
Singas has devoted her career to keeping Nassau's communities safe and has worked over two decades prosecuting violent crime. The mother of twins has enforced pioneering programs to combat domestic violence, gun violence, gangs, prescription drug abuse afflicting Long Island, and on many other issues.
As the Greek-American describes of her electoral run, "This race is not about politics; it's about who will be the best prosecutor for Nassau County. With twenty-four years of experience prosecuting violent criminals, I know what it takes to keep our communities safe. And with your help and support, we will win in November." Scroll to the very bottom of this article to watch her campaign video.
- Malliotakis Declares Victory
- Nearly 100 New York children treated for mysterious illness thought to be linked to Covid-19
- Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis on the forefront for citizen support during pandemic - latest actions
- Chrysanthos Petsilas, Former Director of the Greek Tourism Office in New York, passes at 73
- Deputy FM Vlasis to visit Washington and New York