The Fairfax 2015 World Police and Fire Games competition are being held from June 26th until July 5th, and Greek athletes need our help.
Greek teams are seeking financial assistance to participate in the 1,600 medal events, that will take place just outside Washington, D.C. AHEPA's "Support Helping Hellenic Heroes" video can be viewed by scrolling to the very bottom of this article.
In order to participate, athletes have to be professional police officers, firefighters or public safety first responders. It is predicted that athletes spanning from 60 nations will participate in this year's competition. However, due to the financial crisis, Greek athletes need monetary support in order to send its 50-60 athletic representatives.
100% of revenues raised will back the Greek participant's travel, housing, food, and transportation expenses, while all excess revenues will be dedicated to new public safety equipment in Greece. Additional information about the "Support Helping Hellenic Heros" initiative can be found on Facebook and Twitter: @hellenicHERO.
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe