AHEPA's sister organization Daughters of Penelope Chapter Athena No 2, hosted a luncheon to generate awareness and funds, to support the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) in Australia.
The fundraising event was held at Merrimu Receptions in Murrumbeena, Victoria. The luncheon's guest speakers were OCRRF Ambassador and ovarian cancer survivor Helen Hatzis and ovarian cancer survivor Vali Creus. Both women revealed their successful battles with the deadly disease, as reported by Greek-Australian news portal Neos Kosmos.
Greek-Australian journalist Helen Kapalos also addressed the crowd. The event gathered a plethora of women who came to support the cause. The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation received all revenues associated with the ovarian luncheon initiative.
- AHEPA Calls for President Biden to Recognize the Greek Genocide
- AHEPA Supreme President George G. Horiates Sends letter to United States Secretary of State Pompeo
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- 'Everything turned black in the middle of the day' says Greek-Australian who lost his house in the NSW fires