AHEPA's sister organization Daughters of Penelope Chapter Athena No 2, hosted a luncheon to generate awareness and funds, to support the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) in Australia.
The fundraising event was held at Merrimu Receptions in Murrumbeena, Victoria. The luncheon's guest speakers were OCRRF Ambassador and ovarian cancer survivor Helen Hatzis and ovarian cancer survivor Vali Creus. Both women revealed their successful battles with the deadly disease, as reported by Greek-Australian news portal Neos Kosmos.
Greek-Australian journalist Helen Kapalos also addressed the crowd. The event gathered a plethora of women who came to support the cause. The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation received all revenues associated with the ovarian luncheon initiative.
- Australia's Greek diaspora welcomes plan to open GNTO office in Melbourne
- Κικίλιας: Η AHEPA αποτελεί ισχυρή συνιστώσα για την τουριστική προβολή της Ελλάδας
- Tourism Minister: AHEPA is a strong component for the tourist promotion of Greece
- AHEPA delegation received by Greek president, prime minister
- American Hellenic, American Jewish Groups Hold Briefing with U.S. Ambassadors to Greece, Cyprus, Israel