Greek-Australian tennis pro Nick Kyrgios will not be competing in next week's Davis Cup semi-final.
Captain Wally Masur stated that Kyrgios will not be participating with his fellow Australian teammates, due to his "personal and professional" development. Kyrgios is half Greek on his father's side and is half Malaysian on his mother's side, and was born in Australia.
The 20-year-old athlete is currently ranked 37th in the world. Kyrgios was just suspended for 28 days by the ATP, due to making crude comments about Swiss tennis pro Stanislas Wawrinka's girlfriend during a game.
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- 'Everything turned black in the middle of the day' says Greek-Australian who lost his house in the NSW fires
- Ώρα Ελλάδας στο Davis Cup
- Work and Holiday Visa agreement between Greece and Australia swings into effect