AHEPA's Supreme President John W. Galanis addressed Capitol Hill, to examine critical issues to the Greek-American community and the organization's public policy concerns.
Most of the dialogue focused on Greece's financial predicament, which was studied last month at the White House with AHEPA in attendance.
Supreme President Galanis spoke in detail to U.S. Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), chairman, Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation; and U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-FL), co-chair, Congressional Caucus on Hellenic Issues.
In addition, AHEPA's leader met with Hellenic Caucus staff for U.S. Representative Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), who also co-chairs and co-founded the Hellenic Caucus.
- Κικίλιας: Η AHEPA αποτελεί ισχυρή συνιστώσα για την τουριστική προβολή της Ελλάδας
- Tourism Minister: AHEPA is a strong component for the tourist promotion of Greece
- AHEPA delegation received by Greek president, prime minister
- American Hellenic, American Jewish Groups Hold Briefing with U.S. Ambassadors to Greece, Cyprus, Israel
- AHEPA Calls for President Biden to Recognize the Greek Genocide