The American Hellenic Institute Foundation's (AHIF) Foreign Policy Trip to Greece and Cyprus concluded its seventh year, where ten students spanning the U.S. attended the two week program this summer.
Student Orlando Economos created a video documenting the trip, which can be seen by scrolling to the very bottom of this page. Economos is a student at Tufts University, where he is gaining a BA in International Relations and Film Studies and Production.
The American Hellenic Institute is located in the nation's capital and was established in 1974. As stated on its website, AHI strives to: "Upholding the rule of law in matters of U.S. foreign policy, particularly in our nation's dealings with Greece, Cyprus, and Turkey. In 1974, when Turkey invaded and occupied Cyprus, AHI advocated a profoundly simple response—enforce U.S. law. At the time, the Executive Branch refused to enforce federal laws that prohibited Turkey's aggressive use of U.S.-supplied arms and equipment".
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023