The Anchorage Assembly recognized and honored George Vakalis, for his service to the Municipality, under Resolution No. AR 2016-173.
Vakalis served as the Municipal Manager for Anchorage and as the Garrison Commander for the U.S. Army here in Alaska, among other local leading positions.
Tonight's commemoration was a surprise to George Vakalis. The Greek-American's wife told him they were going out to dinner with their daughter.
George Vakalis explained, "We pulled into the parking lot here at the building, and I said, 'This is the library, why are we going here? There's an Assembly meeting tonight here,' and she said I know...and of course that was it; we walked in the door and I was recognized."
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"