Archbishop Demetrios of America is expected to be declared an honorary citizen of Thessaloniki, at the suggestion of the mayor, Yiannis Boutaris.
The recommendation for the nomination of Archbishop as honorary citizen of Thessaloniki and his investnment by the city board will occupy the council meeting next Monday, November 14th.
The proposal by Mr. Boutaris has been approved unanimously by the City Council Committee has meant the emergence of Thessaloniki's historical memory.
- President Sakellaropoulou receives NY mayor Eric Adams
- PM Mitsotakis meets with new AJC executive director Ted Deutch
- Greece holds the "helm" of global shipping
- Seismic research for hydrocarbons continues in Greek blocks "Ionio" and "Kyparissiakos"
- Barrage of aftershocks after 4.7 Richter earthquake in Evia that was felt in Athens