The Feast Day of Agios Porphyrios was commemorated on Monday, December 2nd at the first Orthodox Church to be built in Tanzania, in the depths of Africa.
The Divine Liturgy took place in the Orthodox Church at an altitude of 2000 meters, in a very remote area in East Africa.
Headed by the Divine Bishop of Arusha and Central Tanzania, His Grace Agathonikos, placed icons of the Archangels on both sides of the entrance of the Church at Agios Andronicus and Athanasia, the first Orthodox Church in Tanzania.
- FOR THE LIFE OF THE WORLD: TOWARD A SOCIAL ETHOS OF THE ORTHODOX CHURCH
- Greek Orthodox Church declares voluntary abortion murder
- Goldie Hawn's MindUp program on Skiathos irks the Church
- SYRIZA MP: We should open the debate on ordination of women in the Greek Church
- Moscow deepens the schism with the ecumenical patriarchate
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Coach accused of raping minor athlete to the examining magistrate
- March 25: Military parade for the 200th anniversary of the Revolution - Guests Putin, Macron, Prince Charles
- Greek woman elected secretary general of the Council of Europe's Parliamentary Assembly
- Panagiotopoulos: The ambitious re-armament program - Sooner or later the purchase of F-35s will be discussed
- Couple falls to death from apartment building in Ioannina