A former classmate, Charalambos Pagiazitis, spoke to MEGA television about the deceased Greek American George Zapantis, noting that he was a special person.
George Zapantis died when he was tased by NY police, while as they claimed he was brandishing a sword against them.
As Mr. Pagiazitis noted, Zapantis was a man of humor, who made his friends laugh and be happy, while he noted that he did not realize if he had psychological problems - as reported in the American media.
"I know for sure that George was not the man to react to the police, to hit any police officer. I think he was afraid at the time that he didn't understand what was happening, "said the victim's friend.
At the same time, he noted that no one knew if he had any other health problems, while he stressed that he was reported to be bipolar, but "when you spoke to him he was there as a good friend and a good person."
Finally, Charalambos Pagiazitis referred to the continuous cases of police violence, emphasizing that this phenomenon is something that concerns all people living in the USA and not just some specific groups of citizens.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts