The US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations convened on Wednesday for the hearing of the candidacy of Greek-American businessman George Tsunis as US ambassador to Greece.
Addressing Tsunis, Committe Chairman Bob Menendez said that if his proposed appointment is ratified, he will inherit the strongest Greek-American relations in history.
Menendez told Tsunis that "you know Greece and the region's dynamics well" and expressed his confidence in Tsounis' abilities to take Greek-US relations into the new era.
- George Tsunis testimony on 12 January about the position of ambassador to Greece
- Pyatt at GES2021: Greece-United States collaboration brings more American investments
- US Ambassador - Greek-American cooperation in energy is one of the biggest "success stories"
- President Biden nominates Greek American businessman George Tsunis as ambassador to Athens
- US Ambassador - Greece key US energy partner - What he said about Nord Stream