US Senator Menendez welcomes Tsunis' candidacy as ambassador to Greece during hearing
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
The US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations convened on Wednesday for the hearing of the candidacy of Greek-American businessman George Tsunis as US ambassador to Greece.
Addressing Tsunis, Committe Chairman Bob Menendez said that if his proposed appointment is ratified, he will inherit the strongest Greek-American relations in history.
Menendez told Tsunis that "you know Greece and the region's dynamics well" and expressed his confidence in Tsounis' abilities to take Greek-US relations into the new era.
- George J. Tsounis: An ambassador that “has the ear” of the US President
- US Ambassador Tsunis’ remarks at 4th July reception
- US ambassador: Greece can expand its role as an energy hub in electricity, LNG
- George Tsunis found a relative from his village, Platanos, on his first walk in Plaka
- New US Ambassador Tsunis in Athens