Real estate and income taxes totaling more than 74 million per year are paid in Greece by more than 141,000 natural persons who reside in the USA and have a Greek tax number, as stated by Giorgos Pitsilis, who participated in the panel entitled, "Updating the Diaspora on Greece's Taxation & Customs System", as part of the Capital Link – Invest in Greece Forum held in New York.
The Governor of the Independent Public Revenue Authority-AADE presented data on natural persons with a Greek VAT number, according to which more than 51,000 of these taxpayers people have Greek citizenship and 87,000 have American citizenship.
Mr. Pitsilis referred to AADE's digital platforms, myAADE, myProperty, myCar and myDATA, through which Greek expatriates can make hundreds of transactions with the tax services remotely, from their computer, tablet or mobile phone , without requiring their physical presence or that of an authorized person at any AADE office in Greece.
In addition, he announced that, from next April, the Independent Public Revenue Authority will also accept debt payments from foreign bank cards and that in the first half of 2023 a special section will be created on the AADE website, in Greek and English, dedicated to Greeks abroad. Representatives of expatriate organizations, who attended the discussion of the Governor of AADE with the Head of the Office of Economic and Commercial Affairs of the Greek Office in New York, Nikolaos Thomopoulos, raised a series of requests, which were collected and will be answered, as soon as possible, by the competent addresses and services of the Authority.
- PM Mitsotakis presents award to Otto Rehhagel at Gazetta Awards
- Greek owned ship targeted off Yemen
- FM Gerapetritis in NY on Tuesday, to meet with UN sec gen Guterres
- Two dead and one missing in a shipwreck in the area of Palios, Mantamados
- PM Mitsotakis: Yes to same-sex civil marriage, no to surrogate mothers
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Germans vote for Greece - The giant company that will film its new advertisement in Greece
- PM Mitsotakis: Greece offers many investment opportunities for Indian businesses
- Cultural Heritage School 2: Greece-USA for the protection of cultural heritage from climate change
- Greece participates in 'Spears of Victory 24' defense exersise in Saudi Arabia
- Beekeepers protest outside parliament