Within the day, the demonstration for the immediate release of the Mayor of Chimara, Freddy Beleris, is expected to take place. One of the speakers will be the mayor of Athens, Kostas Bakoyannis, while the mayor of Thessaloniki, Konstantinos Zervas, will be present.
The event for the immediate release will take place on the initiative of the expatriate organization "Omonoia", at 18:00, on the central pedestrian street of Spilaion in Himara.
Greece's active support for Beleris
For its part, Greece actively supports Beleris and makes efforts for his release. The prime minister raised the issue with his Albanian counterpart at the NATO conference in Vilnius.
Also, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Giorgos Gerapetritis, called his Albanian counterpart twice on the matter. As Albania has stated, it is "shooting itself in the foot given its European perspective" with its decisions.
- Wildfires in Greece: Magnesia is burning
- Greek FM Gerapetritis condemns repeat rejection of Beleri's appeal for release from Tirana jail
- Fredis Beleri: The first statement of the new mayor of Himara
- Albania: Election thriller between jailed Greek candidate and opponent
- Greek investors investing in Albania will enjoy certain privileges, says Rama in Athens
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- What the Greek draft 2024 budget tabled today foresees
- Preliminary 2024 state budget to be tabled in Parliament
- PM Mitsotakis on weekly review: Restoring flood damage, maintaining the Olympic Stadium
- Greek local elections: New Democracy in final stretch to win all 13 districts and 3 major municipalities
- Dead body recovered from fuselage of fallen helicopter