St. Paul's Greek Orthodox Church in Hempstead, NY is holding its gigantic 2014 Festival this weekend, which can be seen in the video below.
The impressive festival grants an intimate look into Greek culture and offers authentic Hellenic cuisine, pastries, music, dancing and products. Organizers have even included American fare, with a chicken fingers and fries, and a hamburgers and hotdogs tent. Its loukoumades stand has a constant line wrapping around the property, as its the most popular venue of the entire event!
Guided Church tours are scheduled throughout the Festival's entirety, that explains the history of the Byzantine styled church and its mosaics and icons. The event holds a massive agora marketplace and a gigantic air conditioned flea market.
It even features a ferris wheel, ring toss, more rides and games for children, as well as a beer garden and wine, and cheese tent for adults. There is even an information booth available in the middle of the event. The St. Paul's Greek Orthodox Festival expects over 10,000 attendees at this year's festival!
Today marks the last day of the impressive event, that opens from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Church tours begin every thirty minutes starting at 4:00, with traditional Greek dance performances beginning at 5:00. At 8:45 the grand prize drawing will be held for its car sweepstakes. More information about this massive Greek Festival can be found at: http://festival.stpaulhempstead.org/. New Greek TV's festival coverage can be viewed below.
- Nicole Malliotakis sworn in as as representative of the New York's 11th Congressional District
- Malliotakis Declares Victory
- Nearly 100 New York children treated for mysterious illness thought to be linked to Covid-19
- Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis on the forefront for citizen support during pandemic - latest actions
- Chrysanthos Petsilas, Former Director of the Greek Tourism Office in New York, passes at 73