Brookville, New York's Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Resurrection held its annual Greek Village Festival, from Friday June 6th to Sunday June 8th. New Greek TV's coverage of the Festival can be viewed by scrolling to the very bottom of this article.
The massive Greek celebration featured Hellenic meals, desserts, drinks, music and dancing. Loukoumades and ravani offerings were a popular hit. Highlights of the event featured a photo op with Yiayia and Papou figurines sitting at a traditional kafenio, along with a wine bottle ring toss.
The Festival's raffle's grand prize was a 2014 Toyota Carolla or a 2014 Subaru Impreza. Its second prize was a 2014 Fiat 500c. There was a limit of 2,500 tickets.
Holy Resurrection was established in 1976. Its founding priest Father Emmanuel Gratsias, led the Greek Orthodox Church until his passing in 2007. It is home to over 375 families and has a Church School enrollment of 130 children. Father John Vlahos has served as its priest since May 2008.
- Malliotakis Declares Victory
- Greek American tourists test Covid-19 positive on Rhodes
- Nearly 100 New York children treated for mysterious illness thought to be linked to Covid-19
- Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis on the forefront for citizen support during pandemic - latest actions
- PM Mitsotakis' message to Greeks living in the USA