United States National Team soccer star Kyle Beckerman is married to Greek-American Kate Pappas.
The two met four years ago and described their meeting as love at first site. 29-year-old Pappas is a Love Communications account supervisor and graduated from Westminster College in 2007 with a B.A. in English.
The happy couple first laid eyes on each other at United Way of Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium in 2009, when she held cue cards for her future husband. Beckerman asked if he could call her later in the day, and they have been a couple ever since.
Pappas and Beckerman are avid outdoor enthusiasts. While hiking in January 2012, Beckerman proposed to Pappas. They got married at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Salt Lake City earlier this year and coined their union as a "big fat Greek wedding".
- Friend of Greek American that was tased to death in NY speaks of a kind and friendly man
- Greek American Fotis Dulos and girlfriend arrested in the case of missing wife
- Proud to be Greek says Greek-American Miss USA contestant (video)
- The official letter of "Grexit" is expected tonight
- OTE TV Employees Attacked By Greek Soccer Fans