Nia Vardalos has just been named as the Greek Community of Toronto's Cultural Ambassador.
The Greek-Canadian superstar was honored yesterday evening at a ceremony held in the city. Her ambassadorial post covers 2014 to 2015. According to Canadian reports, the Polymenakion Hellenic Cultural Centre held the event, where Vardalos received a plaque recognizing her dedication to the Greeks of Toronto.
A youth dance act was performed, along with Vardalos granting autographs to fans. The popular entertainer has recently confirmed the creation of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. The award-winning actress was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada with the full name of Antonia Eugenia Vardalos.
- NATO helicopter crash – One dead, search and rescue (SAR) with Greek support continues
- Canada, Greece celebrate good ties at Acropolis Museum event on Canada Day
- Four new weekly flights from Athens to Montreal and Toronto
- THI, Nia Vardalos, and John Stamos launch online campaign to help rebuild burnt Orphanage in Mati
- One dead, 14 injured in shooting at “Greektown” in Toronto