Nia Vardalos has just been named as the Greek Community of Toronto's Cultural Ambassador.
The Greek-Canadian superstar was honored yesterday evening at a ceremony held in the city. Her ambassadorial post covers 2014 to 2015. According to Canadian reports, the Polymenakion Hellenic Cultural Centre held the event, where Vardalos received a plaque recognizing her dedication to the Greeks of Toronto.
A youth dance act was performed, along with Vardalos granting autographs to fans. The popular entertainer has recently confirmed the creation of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. The award-winning actress was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada with the full name of Antonia Eugenia Vardalos.
- Canadian minister seeks further collaboration with Greece
- Toronto Economic Forum: Greece's course towards the energy transition
- Canada-based Air Transat announces direct flights from Montreal, Toronto to Athens
- Direct flights from Canada to Athens to start April 2, extend through Nov.
- NATO helicopter crash – One dead, search and rescue (SAR) with Greek support continues