The Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) decided to promote the country's tourism industry by earmarking €2m for promotional campaigns via Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor and Expedia.
The General Secretary of the organisation, Dimitris Tryfonopoulos signed the relevant agreements with the online companies.
The organisation will allocate a total of over €700,000 for its Google campaign to attract US, Canadian British, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Swiss and Serbian tourists.
Another €310,000 will go to the organisation's Facebook campaign aimed at the North American, Scandinavian and central European markets. The ad campaign on Facebook will last till the end of the year and hopes to achieve an appearance of 94 million times in these markets.
In 2015 a similar campaign on Facebook made 142 million appearances in 12 different markets and reached over 24 million users. €420,000 will be earmarked for the TripAdvisor campaign targeting the Australian, US, British, French, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Israeli and Canadian markets, while a further €546,517 will go to the Expedia marketing campaign and will be realised by the end of September.
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"