Nobu Hospitality’s first hotel and restaurant in Greece – Nobu Hotel and Restaurant Santorini – will operate from the spring of 2022. The firm was founded by Nobu Matsuhisa, Robert De Niro and Meir Teper,
Located on the enchanting northeast coast of the island, Nobu Hotel and Restaurant Santorini will house a Nobu-branded restaurant, a full-service spa, a gym, a two-level infinity pool, and five luxury villas with a pool, and will offer both panoramic views of the Caldera and in the Aegean Sea from the unique location at the top of the rock in Imerovigli.
Just a 10-minute drive from the charming seaside town of Oia and 20 minutes from Santorini International Airport (Thira), the hotel is well located along the famous Oia-Fira hiking trail between Oia and Fira. of the cosmopolitan capital of Santorini.
Nobu Hospitality has entered into a long-term management agreement with MonteRock International (MRI), a group with over 25 years of experience in various key industries such as hospitality, media, food and beverage, real estate, banking and more.
Trevor Horwell, CEO of Nobu Hospitality comments: “We are very excited to be coming to Santorini and will be working with the local community on this exciting project. Santorini is one of the most recognized destinations in the world with its rare beauty, famous for its cuisine, its whitewashed architecture with a background of cliffs and the impressive sunsets that illuminate the sea and the sky. We look forward to inviting local and international travelers to experience the Nobu lifestyle in this special destination. ”
Alfredo Longo, CEO of MonteRock International, comments: “We are really proud of the steady partnership we have had with the Nobu brand over the years, and now we are more than happy to be expanding together in the hospitality industry. In this incredible “canvas”, such as the island of Santorini, the best of what Nobu’s lifestyle and cuisine offer, it will be served in a “perfect setting”, covering every need with the highest standards “.
Added to Nobu Hospitality’s European portfolio, the operation of the Nobu Hotel and Restaurant Santorini marks the 26th hotel in the world and the tenth hotel on the European continent.
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Greek government committed to legality and consumer protection
- Tax authority shuts down and fines well-known clubs in Santorini and Athens Riviera
- Greek tourism blooming... far from Mykonos and Santorini
- Greek Hotels on the list of new luxury resorts for 2022
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greeks Make Up 11% of Global Top 0.5% of AI Researchers
- Mitsotakis: With bold reforms, we will continue to fight for a better life for everyone
- The launch of geothermal research in four regions of Northern Greece, in the final stretch
- Police rounds up ATM robbers, among them rap singer
- British Museum Chair Osborne says talks on a deal on the Parthenon Sculptures will continue