Early this morning, four missing British tourists were safely located off the island of Zakynthos' coast.
The vacationers ran out of gas on a rented boat yesterday afternoon, and were stuck approximately five nautical miles away from the island, with no form of communication, as reported by Kathimerini. Two tried to swim back to the island and the other two remained on the boat.
The rented ship's owners contacted the coast guard, after the British renters didn't show up at the rental agreement's end. The coast guard identified the boat 8 nautical miles off the Bay of Laganas, while the two swimmers were found on a tiny islet close to the coastline.
- Omer Celik: "The Greek Coast Guard holes boats and kills migrants"
- Acropolis: Unprecedented queues of tourists cause measures to be taken
- Zakynthos: Famous Navagio beach is officially closed to all
- Zakynthos Shipwreck: Navagio Βeach shut down again for safety reasons
- Greece: Moderate quake in Ionian Sea, near Cephalonia