U.S. News and World Report has ranked Santorini as the #1 island in the world!
The Greek islands of Mykonos and Crete also were included, placing 9th and 13th respectively. The leading news portal stated of the "Best Islands" vote on its website: "According to experts and U.S. News readers, the islands listed here boast a little something that keeps travelers enchanted. Consider which islands you favor, cast your vote below and help us rank next year's best coastal locales".
Santorini ranked first, followed by Bora Bora, St. Kitts and Nevis, Maldives, St. Martin, Cayman Islands, Fiji, Maui, Mykonos, Bali, Kauai, Seychelles, Crete, Hawaii (the Big Island), Anguilla and the Galapagos Islands.
In its "Why Go" description, U.S. News and World Report stated of Santorini, "This honeymoon spot caters to all sorts of travelers. Beach bums can lounge along Santorini's red sands, foodies can savor aromatic Mediterranean flavors, and history buffs can explore the remains of Thira and Akrotiri".
The votes graded Kamari Beach as the "Best Thing to Do", followed by Amoudi Bay and Ancient Thira. Under "Best Hotels", San Antonio Hotel Santorini placed first, while Canaves ranked second and Carpe Diem held third place. The full report can be read at: http://travel.usnews.com/Rankings/Best_Islands_in_the_World/.
- Illegal parties in villa on Mykonos raise the specter of mass covid infections
- Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis’ Interview with Fareed Zakaria on CNN, from the island of Santorini
- PM Mitsotakis: 'I am interested in making Greece the safest destination in Europe' (vid)
- Seismic activity continues off Crete
- Seismic activity continues on Crete