U.S. Vice President Joe Biden visited Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades today, while he is residing at Mount Sinai Hospital following open heart surgery.
Biden's stay occurred for approximately fifteen minutes at the Manhattan hospital where Anastasiades is recovering, while additional political leaders are expected to visit him next week.
The Cypriot President commented, "I have been informed that possibly the Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon and the Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland will visit me next week and I hope that during these contacts I will be given the opportunity to exchange views on the big issues concerning our country and its exclusive economic zone," according to Parikiaki.
President Anastasiades communicated his "deep gratitute" to his operating heart surgeon Dr. David Adams along with his medical staff, concerning their care regarding his tricuspid and mitral heart valve surgery, that he underwent on December 2nd.
- The annual Archon Weekend awards Father Alexandros Karloutsos and Presbytera Xanthi Karloutsos
- Lectures & readings by Υiorgos Chouliaras ιn California and New York city
- Onassis Cultural Center Holds “Narcissus Now” October 8th-11th
- Cyprus Holds Monumental Meeting Between Political & Religious Premiers
- British Sovereign Base Employees On Cyprus Hold Strike