Australia's Woollahra Municipal Council is holding a Greek Day Out on Sunday, August 24th.
The event honors Greek-Australian traditions and culture. The day's festivities includes live Hellenic music, theatre performances, and dancing. The Greek celebration will also offer children's activities such as storytelling, puppeteering, arts and crafts, and face painting.
Greek culinary food booths will be present, along with artworks and an ancient Greek coins and mementos exhibit. Greek Day Out will be open from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Double Bay's Redleaf at Council Chambers and Blackburn Gardens, 536 New South Head Road.
The Greek event is supported by Greek community associations of Sydney and the Consul-General of Greece, as stated on the Woollahra Municipal Council's website.
- Sydney area renamed "Little Athens"
- Greek Australian sportscaster to run as mayor of Perth
- 'Everything turned black in the middle of the day' says Greek-Australian who lost his house in the NSW fires
- Work and Holiday Visa agreement between Greece and Australia swings into effect
- Rethymno sends soil from battlefield to Australia