The Republic of Cyprus is vying to lure Chinese investors to its first science and technology park, located in Pentakomo.
Cypriot Energy Minister Giorgos Lakkotrypis and Chinese Science and Technology Minister Wan Gang ratified a bilateral agreement this week in Nicosia.
The mandate seeks to advance ties between the nations and to advocate for science and research, that encompasses renewable energy, clean energy, biotechnology, and nanotechnology, among others.
Lakkotrypis described of the efforts, "...comes for Cyprus at a very good moment, when the government is getting ready to publish the tender for the creation of a science and technology park," as reported by Parikiaki.
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Cyprus: EuroAsia Interconnector project is up and running
- ECB meets on Cyprus to mull interest rates and inflation
- US State Dept: Cyprus has the right to develop resources within its EEZ
- Hercules-2 joint training kicks off in Egypt with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Greece, Cyprus