Today, Greek Foreign Minister Evangelos Venizelos stated that Greece was in communication with Russia, regarding its European Union food import ban.
Venizelos stated to media, "We are in contact (with Russia) in order to minimize, and if possible eliminate, the repercussions (from the embargo)", as reported by Kathimerini.
Venizelos added, "As an EU country that is consistent with its community obligations, we try to have the best possible relations with all nations and we try to protect Greece's agricultural production".
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev confirmed earlier today that the nation would restrict for one year beginning immediately, vegetables, meat, fruit, fish and dairy products from the EU, Australia, the US, Canada and Norway. Medvedev stated of the embargo, "There is nothing good in sanctions and it wasn't an easy decision to take, but we had to do it".
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story