Greece's global tourism figures continue to rise, with a monumental increase in August, as confirmed by the nation's airports.
Air travel increased by 15.8% on Corfu and hosted 247,158 tourists, compared to last year's time period. Kephalonia received 51,041 visitors, marking a 13.1% boost, in comparison to August of last year.
Zakynthos benefited from an 18.3% surge in tourism and gained 144,462 global arrivals, while Rhodes confirmed 411,300 international travels marking a 5.8% August increase. Cretan arrivals grew 8% and amounted to 584,000 individuals. The nation's capital held a remarkable increase of 550,000 foreign tourists.
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- FM Dendias: 'Greece reserves the right to extend its territorial waters anywhere, anytime.'
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Electrification test of Crete-to-mainland Greece power cable successful, says IPTO