Greece's global tourism figures continue to rise, with a monumental increase in August, as confirmed by the nation's airports.
Air travel increased by 15.8% on Corfu and hosted 247,158 tourists, compared to last year's time period. Kephalonia received 51,041 visitors, marking a 13.1% boost, in comparison to August of last year.
Zakynthos benefited from an 18.3% surge in tourism and gained 144,462 global arrivals, while Rhodes confirmed 411,300 international travels marking a 5.8% August increase. Cretan arrivals grew 8% and amounted to 584,000 individuals. The nation's capital held a remarkable increase of 550,000 foreign tourists.
- Moderate quake shakes large SE Aegean island of Rhodes
- Dep. Fin. Min.: This year the Greek economy will do better than expected for three reasons
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- Armed robbery at Rolex outlet in central Athens