Greece's global tourism figures continue to rise, with a monumental increase in August, as confirmed by the nation's airports.
Air travel increased by 15.8% on Corfu and hosted 247,158 tourists, compared to last year's time period. Kephalonia received 51,041 visitors, marking a 13.1% boost, in comparison to August of last year.
Zakynthos benefited from an 18.3% surge in tourism and gained 144,462 global arrivals, while Rhodes confirmed 411,300 international travels marking a 5.8% August increase. Cretan arrivals grew 8% and amounted to 584,000 individuals. The nation's capital held a remarkable increase of 550,000 foreign tourists.
- City of Athens Christmas Tree lighting ceremony held on Thursday evening
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greek tourism: Receipts Soar to 17.9 Billion in 9M 2023
- Greece is Europe's champion in real estate price increases
- Tourism Minister Olga Kefalogianni calls for stricter measures for short-term rentals