Greece's global tourism figures continue to rise, with a monumental increase in August, as confirmed by the nation's airports.
Air travel increased by 15.8% on Corfu and hosted 247,158 tourists, compared to last year's time period. Kephalonia received 51,041 visitors, marking a 13.1% boost, in comparison to August of last year.
Zakynthos benefited from an 18.3% surge in tourism and gained 144,462 global arrivals, while Rhodes confirmed 411,300 international travels marking a 5.8% August increase. Cretan arrivals grew 8% and amounted to 584,000 individuals. The nation's capital held a remarkable increase of 550,000 foreign tourists.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Fishermen and locals in Crete took hot homemade food to the frigate "Lemnos"
- The huge US helicopter carrier that docked at Souda (vid)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression