Athens International Airport received over 6 million travelers between January to May of this year, as confirmed by its recent analysis.
This marks the largest number of passengers that Eleftherios Venizelos Airport has ever hosted, since its establishment. The increase carried on in May and totaled 22.3%, in comparison to last year's same timeframe, amounting to 1.65 million flyers.
The majority of travelers were flying internationally, marking 1.07 million individuals. Greek passengers rose by 15% and non-Greek travelers enlarged to 28%, compared to a year earlier.
The major factor contributing to the increase is the enlarged amount of total flights available to and from the nation's capital, as reported by Kathimerini.
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Alarm over covid - New measures being considered
- Athens is not doing well: Great concern for Attica, coronavirus cases at high levels
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens