Athens International Airport received over 6 million travelers between January to May of this year, as confirmed by its recent analysis.
This marks the largest number of passengers that Eleftherios Venizelos Airport has ever hosted, since its establishment. The increase carried on in May and totaled 22.3%, in comparison to last year's same timeframe, amounting to 1.65 million flyers.
The majority of travelers were flying internationally, marking 1.07 million individuals. Greek passengers rose by 15% and non-Greek travelers enlarged to 28%, compared to a year earlier.
The major factor contributing to the increase is the enlarged amount of total flights available to and from the nation's capital, as reported by Kathimerini.
- Athens: Syntagma Square renovation almost done
- Invasion of international hotel chains in Athens
- S. Arabian Crown Prince Salman in Athens: We can provide Greece, SE Europe with cheaper, more effective energy
- The first Japanese park opens its gates in Athens
- "Eleftherios Venizelos" Airport: Traffic is climbing to 2019 levels