Athens International Airport received over 6 million travelers between January to May of this year, as confirmed by its recent analysis.
This marks the largest number of passengers that Eleftherios Venizelos Airport has ever hosted, since its establishment. The increase carried on in May and totaled 22.3%, in comparison to last year's same timeframe, amounting to 1.65 million flyers.
The majority of travelers were flying internationally, marking 1.07 million individuals. Greek passengers rose by 15% and non-Greek travelers enlarged to 28%, compared to a year earlier.
The major factor contributing to the increase is the enlarged amount of total flights available to and from the nation's capital, as reported by Kathimerini.
- Athens "speaks" the international language of street art
- US Senator Menendez in Greece
- Athens is being evaluated as a sustainable destination
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday