Today, Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras declared that Greece has reached over three quarters of the fiscal alteration it required, in order for sustainable debt.
Stournaras stated at the third Hellenic-Chinese Business Partnering Conference: "We estimate that more than 85 percent of the improvement in the general government primary balance, in order to reduce our debt to sustainable levels by 2020, has already been achieved".
The Finance Minister added: "This means that the hardest part is behind us but we still have some ground to cover. We have almost reached the top of the mountain, though". Yannis Stournaras' remarks follow last week's European Commission confirmation that one year before schedule, Greece has successfully reached a 1.5 billion surplus, in 2013.
- Greek Finance Minister satisfied with 6th Enhanced Surveillance Report on Greece
- FinMin Staikouras in Washington to attend IMF and World Bank meeting
- Staikouras outlines key economic priorities at London's 14th Annual Roadshow
- Staikouras heads to first Eurogroup meeting as Finance Minister
- Finance Minister: Government doesn't question data on which its program was based on