The Hellenic Financial Crime Squad seized more than 1.3 million packs of bootlegged cigarettes near Thessaloniki's port.
The illegal cartons were located in a warehouse in Kalochori, as confirmed by Greek police today. The warehouse also contained a Bulgarian plated truck along with heating machines. According to authorities, the contraband cigarettes were valued at over 4.4 million euros in lost duties and taxes, if they had entered the Greek market. The nation is consistently plagued by smugglers attempting to bring foreign cigarettes into the system.
- Ad hoc Epiphany celebrations and flagrant disregard for measures
- Albanian baby trafficking ring with ties to Thessaloniki
- PM Mitsotakis visits girls orphanage in Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki in shock : Two minors 12 and 14 years old killed an 86-year-old for 200 euros
- Thessaloniki: Young people beat police officers who went to check on them - One injured (vid)