The Hellenic Financial Crime Squad seized more than 1.3 million packs of bootlegged cigarettes near Thessaloniki's port.
The illegal cartons were located in a warehouse in Kalochori, as confirmed by Greek police today. The warehouse also contained a Bulgarian plated truck along with heating machines. According to authorities, the contraband cigarettes were valued at over 4.4 million euros in lost duties and taxes, if they had entered the Greek market. The nation is consistently plagued by smugglers attempting to bring foreign cigarettes into the system.
- Banderas is coming to Thessaloniki for filming -1,000 extra and the city is a stage
- US Consul General in Thessaloniki: America committed to Greece’s economic recovery, digital future
- Pfizer: Over 100 million investment in the second hub in Thessaloniki
- Fraport delivers refurbished Thessaloniki airport
- Thessaloniki: Deacon found with South African covid strain