The Hellenic Financial Crime Squad seized more than 1.3 million packs of bootlegged cigarettes near Thessaloniki's port.
The illegal cartons were located in a warehouse in Kalochori, as confirmed by Greek police today. The warehouse also contained a Bulgarian plated truck along with heating machines. According to authorities, the contraband cigarettes were valued at over 4.4 million euros in lost duties and taxes, if they had entered the Greek market. The nation is consistently plagued by smugglers attempting to bring foreign cigarettes into the system.
- Historic Museum-destroyer ‘Velos’ towed to safety after sustaining serious damage
- When Monica Bellucci met Olga Kefalogianni in Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki: Construction sites for the Flyover highway are being set up next week
- The production of the new electric buses for Athens-Thessaloniki begins
- Israelis scouring Greek real estate market