The Hellenic Financial Crime Squad seized more than 1.3 million packs of bootlegged cigarettes near Thessaloniki's port.
The illegal cartons were located in a warehouse in Kalochori, as confirmed by Greek police today. The warehouse also contained a Bulgarian plated truck along with heating machines. According to authorities, the contraband cigarettes were valued at over 4.4 million euros in lost duties and taxes, if they had entered the Greek market. The nation is consistently plagued by smugglers attempting to bring foreign cigarettes into the system.
- Sec. of State Pompeo in Thessaloniki
- PM Mitsotakis at Thessaloniki: Aim is to showcase innovative high-tech start-ups at home and abroad
- Warding off the evil eye on Thessaloniki municipal council teleconferencing (vid)
- Two men arrested in Thessaloniki while attempting to place incendiary devices in former minister's home
- Aegean resumes direct flights abroad from Thessaloniki