Last month, the island of Rhodes experienced a 11.38% increase in tourism, compared to last year's May.
Its Diagoras airport released the figure, that supports forecasts that this summer will be a stellar year for the Hellenic tourism industry. The traveler rates revealed a substantial rise in arrivals from Switzerland, Finland and Germany, along with a 56% increase in Israeli arrivals.
However, due to the current Ukrainian turmoil, 50% less tourists originated from Ukraine and 10% less came from Russia. Italian tourism figures have also decreased. 9.12% less domestic travels were felt on the island, compared to last May.
- The Hellenic Initiative launches “Plant A Tree In Greece” to support Greek Homeland
- Eurovision 2022: What bookies show for Greece in the final (vid)
- Greek Embassy reopening in Kyiv
- US State Sec. joins FMs of Greece, Israeli, Cyprus in reaffirming commitment to promoting peace, security and prosperity in east Med
- Dynagas: Energy solutions for Germany from Giorgos Prokopiou's company