Last month, the island of Rhodes experienced a 11.38% increase in tourism, compared to last year's May.
Its Diagoras airport released the figure, that supports forecasts that this summer will be a stellar year for the Hellenic tourism industry. The traveler rates revealed a substantial rise in arrivals from Switzerland, Finland and Germany, along with a 56% increase in Israeli arrivals.
However, due to the current Ukrainian turmoil, 50% less tourists originated from Ukraine and 10% less came from Russia. Italian tourism figures have also decreased. 9.12% less domestic travels were felt on the island, compared to last May.
- Deal to swap BMP-1s in Greek arsenal for German-made Marders finalized
- Spike in US tourist arrivals to Greece in 2022
- International festivals in Rhodes and Halki
- Morgan Stanley: Greece will have the best performance in the Eurozone
- EU spokesperson: Turkey's hostile remarks against Greece and Greeks 'raise serious concerns'