Last month, the island of Rhodes experienced a 11.38% increase in tourism, compared to last year's May.
Its Diagoras airport released the figure, that supports forecasts that this summer will be a stellar year for the Hellenic tourism industry. The traveler rates revealed a substantial rise in arrivals from Switzerland, Finland and Germany, along with a 56% increase in Israeli arrivals.
However, due to the current Ukrainian turmoil, 50% less tourists originated from Ukraine and 10% less came from Russia. Italian tourism figures have also decreased. 9.12% less domestic travels were felt on the island, compared to last May.
- The espionage case for Turkey in Rhodes
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Two Greeks, one a baby, among car attack fatalities in Trier, Germany
- The Ministry of Tourism and GNTO won the award of the leading tourism agency in the world (vid)
- GNTO chief Gerekou: Our aim is sustainable tourism growth