Last month, the island of Rhodes experienced a 11.38% increase in tourism, compared to last year's May.
Its Diagoras airport released the figure, that supports forecasts that this summer will be a stellar year for the Hellenic tourism industry. The traveler rates revealed a substantial rise in arrivals from Switzerland, Finland and Germany, along with a 56% increase in Israeli arrivals.
However, due to the current Ukrainian turmoil, 50% less tourists originated from Ukraine and 10% less came from Russia. Italian tourism figures have also decreased. 9.12% less domestic travels were felt on the island, compared to last May.
- Elena Kountoura: Support now for the people of the tourism industry
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- With friends like these who needs enemies! - Minutes from the meeting of the EU Foreign Ministers