Last month, the island of Rhodes experienced a 11.38% increase in tourism, compared to last year's May.
Its Diagoras airport released the figure, that supports forecasts that this summer will be a stellar year for the Hellenic tourism industry. The traveler rates revealed a substantial rise in arrivals from Switzerland, Finland and Germany, along with a 56% increase in Israeli arrivals.
However, due to the current Ukrainian turmoil, 50% less tourists originated from Ukraine and 10% less came from Russia. Italian tourism figures have also decreased. 9.12% less domestic travels were felt on the island, compared to last May.
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Hellenic Tourism Organization signs memorandum of cooperation with Municipality of Athens
- Transportation: What changes from July 5