In Athens, a Cypriot businessman was arrested due to unpaid debts owed to the Greek government, totaling more than 12 million euros.
The 50-year-old Greek-Cypriot was seized Friday afternoon by the Financial Crime Police for have an outstanding payments of €12,363,783, as reported by the Cyprus News Agency.
The felon's has not yet been released. The criminal was arrested on Syggrou Avenue in the center of Athens, by a police task force on the hunt for financial crimes suspects.
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks
- Police control of covid regulations results in incidents in Nea Smyrni
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12