In Athens, a Cypriot businessman was arrested due to unpaid debts owed to the Greek government, totaling more than 12 million euros.
The 50-year-old Greek-Cypriot was seized Friday afternoon by the Financial Crime Police for have an outstanding payments of €12,363,783, as reported by the Cyprus News Agency.
The felon's has not yet been released. The criminal was arrested on Syggrou Avenue in the center of Athens, by a police task force on the hunt for financial crimes suspects.
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Alarm over covid - New measures being considered
- Athens is not doing well: Great concern for Attica, coronavirus cases at high levels
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens