In Athens, a Cypriot businessman was arrested due to unpaid debts owed to the Greek government, totaling more than 12 million euros.
The 50-year-old Greek-Cypriot was seized Friday afternoon by the Financial Crime Police for have an outstanding payments of €12,363,783, as reported by the Cyprus News Agency.
The felon's has not yet been released. The criminal was arrested on Syggrou Avenue in the center of Athens, by a police task force on the hunt for financial crimes suspects.
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- PM Mitsotakis outlines three key initiatives
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday
- Emirates: Daily Athens – New York flight
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday