Hardouvelis stated that its the government’s duty to determine the required fiscal policy, hinting at new court decisions regarding various public servants’ opinions that cut wages were illegal, as reported by ANA-MPA.
The Finance Minister asked entrepreneurs to be open minded regarding global investors acquiring portions of their companies. He stated, "we must bring foreign capital so as to create a balance which will help the economy as a whole”.
Hardouvelis declared his support of governmental reform efforts and commented that “there can be no going back to the old times”. The Finance Minister also spoke of the nation’s taxation procedures that require “great simplification” and its necessity to develop into “a stable tax system”.
- Greek Finance Minister satisfied with 6th Enhanced Surveillance Report on Greece
- US Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt: We are impressed how the Greek government attacked the coronavirus (vid)
- Greek government considers introducing time limit in movement of citizens outdoors
- FinMin Staikouras in Washington to attend IMF and World Bank meeting
- Greek government deploys more vessels at sea and state-of-the-art systems to stem migrant flows