Today, Government Vice President and Foreign Minister Evangelos Venizelos made comments regarding troika's influence on Greece.
Venizelos stated: "Troika's existence would be no longer justified. The country will emerge from this difficult situation and will become once again a normal European country, with the obligations of a member-state of the Eurozone, as this is the case with every member-state. The return to normality and equality should now be our goal. In this sense, the decisions regarding the setting of the meetings are a clear political message," as reported by ANA-MPA.
Venizelos has consistently opposed troika's continual authority in Athens. The PASOK leader added, "From this point of view, it is very important that its presence in Athens will be brief and some of the contacts will take place outside Greece, in Brussels, Paris or elsewhere. This is not a mere symbolic gesture of a country that is turning a new page, it is an encouragement for us to move forward based on our own national priorities, as it is our duty."
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday
- Emirates: Daily Athens – New York flight
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks