Today, Government Vice President and Foreign Minister Evangelos Venizelos made comments regarding troika's influence on Greece.
Venizelos stated: "Troika's existence would be no longer justified. The country will emerge from this difficult situation and will become once again a normal European country, with the obligations of a member-state of the Eurozone, as this is the case with every member-state. The return to normality and equality should now be our goal. In this sense, the decisions regarding the setting of the meetings are a clear political message," as reported by ANA-MPA.
Venizelos has consistently opposed troika's continual authority in Athens. The PASOK leader added, "From this point of view, it is very important that its presence in Athens will be brief and some of the contacts will take place outside Greece, in Brussels, Paris or elsewhere. This is not a mere symbolic gesture of a country that is turning a new page, it is an encouragement for us to move forward based on our own national priorities, as it is our duty."
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months
- Greek police find over 2kg of cocaine in stolen car in Athens