Greece's Rural Development Minister Giorgos Karasmanis introduced a new exhibition: "Tobacco/101 notes on oriental tobacco" in Thessaloniki.
The exhibit offers a historical context regarding asian tobacco in Greece and is being held at the Congress Centre of Piraeus Bank, Thessaloniki. Pictures, records, and objects are featured in the exhibit that portrays the history of tobacco, along with a crucial period of modern Hellenic history.
The city's Mayor Yiannis Boutaris was in attendance of the exhibition's opening and discussed the need for a tobacco museum in Thessaloniki. "Tobacco/101 notes on oriental tobacco" will close on November 2nd.
Its operational hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. It is open Saturdays between 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Sundays from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Thessaloniki: Young people beat police officers who went to check on them - One injured (vid)
- Mobile emergency medical unit in the courtyard of the 424 General Military Hospital in Thessaloniki
- Private hospital beds requisitioned to help public health system with coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Thoughts on emergency measures in Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki, Serres in two-week lockdown, SMS permits for outings, high-schools closing