Greece's Rural Development Minister Giorgos Karasmanis introduced a new exhibition: "Tobacco/101 notes on oriental tobacco" in Thessaloniki.
The exhibit offers a historical context regarding asian tobacco in Greece and is being held at the Congress Centre of Piraeus Bank, Thessaloniki. Pictures, records, and objects are featured in the exhibit that portrays the history of tobacco, along with a crucial period of modern Hellenic history.
The city's Mayor Yiannis Boutaris was in attendance of the exhibition's opening and discussed the need for a tobacco museum in Thessaloniki. "Tobacco/101 notes on oriental tobacco" will close on November 2nd.
Its operational hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. It is open Saturdays between 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Sundays from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- PM Mitsotakis at Thessaloniki: Aim is to showcase innovative high-tech start-ups at home and abroad
- Warding off the evil eye on Thessaloniki municipal council teleconferencing (vid)
- Two men arrested in Thessaloniki while attempting to place incendiary devices in former minister's home
- Aegean resumes direct flights abroad from Thessaloniki
- Man dead for hours in central Thessaloniki