Native Athenian designer Angelos Bratis opened Milan's Spring-Summer 2015 Giorgio Armani fashion show in Milan.
The talented Greek designer thanked the internationally acclaimed fashion legend and stated to Kathimerini, "It felt like entering an 'avaton' [out-of-bounds area] inside Tadao Ando's temple built especially for King Giorgio". Bratis featured dresses that revealed his original style seen on folds, pleats and cuts. Maria Mastori jewelry completed his displayed line.
36-year-old Bratis' credentials include receiving an ArtEZ institute of the Arts Master's degree in Amsterdam, working in Rome and creating his own fashion studio in Athens. International Vogue editor Suzy Menkes described, "A fine show, setting a new mood of elegant ease in Milan".
Bratis won the "Who Is on Next?" competition that was created by designer Silvia Venturini Fendi and Vogue Italia's Franca Sozzani. Speaking of Armani, the Greek fashion leader stated to AFP, "There has been a lot of pressure and it has been a lot of hard work...But Mr. Armani chose me because I have my own style and that is what I wanted to show".
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday
- Emirates: Daily Athens – New York flight
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks