Mihalis Hatzigiannis is set to be the first performer at Melbourne's brand new Greek Cultural Center.
The popular Greek singer will offer a performance on Thursday, October 16th, and will donate all proceeds to the new structure. Cultural Programs Director of the Greek Communities of Melbourne and Victoria Jorge Menidis described to Neos Kosmos, "Mihalis has generously offered to play, to assist with fundraising for the centre. The idea is to provide a unique and exclusive opportunity for 100 guests to see him and his band in the most intimate of settings...Importantly, it will be the first musical event that the new centre will host in its function space".
Hatzigiannis will also perform during the 2014 Melbourne Festival on Saturday, October 18th, at the Sydney Myer Music Bowl. Menidis added of the performances, "I know that Mihalis with his band and the whole of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra will present a night that will be spoken about for years to come. I also think that Melbourne Festival need to be commended for pricing the concert in such a way that it is truly accessible for everyone. With tickets starting at $25 (for bookings on the phone for students) and placing the event in such a family friendly venue and time, I think that they have set the grounds for a massive night".
- Australia: The most wanted man is a Greek - They are looking for James Dalamangas in Greece, he is accused of murdering an expatriate
- Cyclades: Top destination for Australians this year
- Mytilineos signs PPA contract in Australia
- Australia's Greek diaspora welcomes plan to open GNTO office in Melbourne
- 'Open Horizons - Ancient Greek Journeys and Connections' exhibition inaugurated in Melbourne