Another masterpiece by veteran director, Pantelis Voulgaris based on the novel, "Little England", written by his wife, Ioanna Karystianis. The film's excellent cast includes; Pinelopi Tsilika, Sofia Kokkali, Aneza Papadopoulou and Andreas Konstantinou.
By Yanna Darilis
"Little England" sets the story on the Greek Cycladic "Captain's" island of Andros in the 1930's. This modern day tragedy is European story telling at its best, based on a story between two sisters fallen in love with the same man. The director does an exquisite job painting the picture of the epic love story, and showcasing the women of the island married to sea men, their traditional family duties, values, sacrifices and honor in their community.
Voulgaris not only draws you in with his impeccable story telling, but also captures breathtaking shots of the beauty of the island and its raging seas. The photography is magnificent, the acting is outstanding and the plot tells of untold stories of the times and the secrets that destroy families.
Little England has won six Greek Film Academy Awards and has achieved great acclaim abroad winning three Golden Goblet Awards for Best Feature Film at the Shanghai International Film Festival, and taking away Best Director and Best Actress awards. Little England was also nominated at the Satellite Awards for Best Foreign Language Film. "Little England" continues its success in the United States and can be found on Netflix and Amazon.
- UN Panel Discussion on Transgender & Society coordinated by NewGreekTV president
- Skopelos to be seen by millions in the US as featured destination of ‘Mediterranean Blue’ show
- Director Van Ling, talks to New Greek TV about “Cliffs of Freedom”, the story of the Greek War of Independence
- Greeks, Romanians, Syrians attend Alexandrion Foundation gala in NY
- Foreign Press Association celebrates Centenary