Hip hop dance group "Trafic de Styles" will deliver an unconventional rendition of Shakespeare's "Rome and Juliet", at the Athens Concert Hall.
Performances will run on May 22nd and 23rd. Choreographed by Sebastien Lefrancois, the act includes seven dancers, one actor and one circus performer, who plan to bring urban styles to the stage. The dance group has incorporated classical music with electronica beats, in its metropolitan version of the classic romantic tragedy.
The hip hop show has been organized in collaboration with the French Institute of Greece, in the framework of the program: "Greece France-Alliance 2014", and is directed by Dimitris Maragopulos. The goal of the entertainers is to make Shakespeare's vision come alive, via urban culture and dance.
- Athens "speaks" the international language of street art
- US Senator Menendez in Greece
- Athens is being evaluated as a sustainable destination
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday