Hip hop dance group "Trafic de Styles" will deliver an unconventional rendition of Shakespeare's "Rome and Juliet", at the Athens Concert Hall.
Performances will run on May 22nd and 23rd. Choreographed by Sebastien Lefrancois, the act includes seven dancers, one actor and one circus performer, who plan to bring urban styles to the stage. The dance group has incorporated classical music with electronica beats, in its metropolitan version of the classic romantic tragedy.
The hip hop show has been organized in collaboration with the French Institute of Greece, in the framework of the program: "Greece France-Alliance 2014", and is directed by Dimitris Maragopulos. The goal of the entertainers is to make Shakespeare's vision come alive, via urban culture and dance.
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens
- Alarm over covid - New measures being considered
- Athens is not doing well: Great concern for Attica, coronavirus cases at high levels