Hip hop dance group "Trafic de Styles" will deliver an unconventional rendition of Shakespeare's "Rome and Juliet", at the Athens Concert Hall.
Performances will run on May 22nd and 23rd. Choreographed by Sebastien Lefrancois, the act includes seven dancers, one actor and one circus performer, who plan to bring urban styles to the stage. The dance group has incorporated classical music with electronica beats, in its metropolitan version of the classic romantic tragedy.
The hip hop show has been organized in collaboration with the French Institute of Greece, in the framework of the program: "Greece France-Alliance 2014", and is directed by Dimitris Maragopulos. The goal of the entertainers is to make Shakespeare's vision come alive, via urban culture and dance.
- Athens is not doing well: Great concern for Attica, coronavirus cases at high levels
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months