The Greek-American hit movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding is set to return to theatres with a sequel!
Twelve years after its debut, the Portokalos family will be featured once again, starring Greek-Canadian Nia Vardalos and John Corbett. Greek- American Rita Wilson is set to produce its continuation, along with husband Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman. HBO and Gold Circle will offer the film, and it is being directed by Joel Zwick.
On her Facebook page, Vardalos recently stated: "Now that I'm experiencing motherhood, I'm ready to write the next chapter of my family story...Of course a few jaded folks in the press corps will claim I ran out of money or just want to kiss John Corbett again. One of these things is true".
The sequel's plot centers around the loud and proud Portokalos family. A family secret is disclosed and a bigger and fatter wedding occurs, bringing the crazy Greek-American family together one more time.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding is an independent film and held a $5 million budget, that remarkably grossed over $368.7 million dollars globally. It became one of the top romantic movies of the 21st century and was the fifth highest grossing film of 2002 in Canada and the U.S. The extremely successful Hellenic movie is the highest-grossing romantic comedy ever!
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson receive passports from Greek PM
- Friend of Greek American that was tased to death in NY speaks of a kind and friendly man
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, were released from Australian hospital
- Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson infected with Coronavirus
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson invite all to join celebrations for 200th anniversary of Greek Independence (video)