The Martha Graham Dance Company revisited the Odeon of Herodes Atticus stage in Athens on July 12th, with the "Celebrating the Greek Connection" performance.
The leading American dance entity took the stage at one of the world's most historic venues, situated at the Acropolis. The presentation was held in the presence and under the auspices of Royals Crown Princess Katherine and Prince Alexander of Serbia.
According to greekfestival.gr, the dance supported neonatal intensive care sectors of hospitals located in Alexandroupouli, Crete, Patra, Larissa and Ioannina, through the Lifeline Hellas humanitarian organization, that the Prince and Princess advocate.
"Panorama" was choreographed by Martha Graham and performed by the Hellenic Dance Company. "Errand" was choreographed for Errand into the Maze by Martha Graham, and was directed and conceptualized for Errand by Luca Veggetti. "Echo" was choreographed by Andonis Foniadakis and performed by the Martha Graham Dance Company, while "The Rite of Spring" was choreographed by Martha Graham.
- Timed ticketing system introduced at the Acropolis to improve crowding
- Police intervention at Polytechnic squat space occupied for 20 years
- Fires: Black smoke covered the Acropolis – Smell of burning throughout Athens
- Athens: Deep pockets opt out
- Controlled explosion on Acharnon Street outside the Athens Masonic Lodge