The Martha Graham Dance Company revisited the Odeon of Herodes Atticus stage in Athens on July 12th, with the "Celebrating the Greek Connection" performance.
The leading American dance entity took the stage at one of the world's most historic venues, situated at the Acropolis. The presentation was held in the presence and under the auspices of Royals Crown Princess Katherine and Prince Alexander of Serbia.
According to greekfestival.gr, the dance supported neonatal intensive care sectors of hospitals located in Alexandroupouli, Crete, Patra, Larissa and Ioannina, through the Lifeline Hellas humanitarian organization, that the Prince and Princess advocate.
"Panorama" was choreographed by Martha Graham and performed by the Hellenic Dance Company. "Errand" was choreographed for Errand into the Maze by Martha Graham, and was directed and conceptualized for Errand by Luca Veggetti. "Echo" was choreographed by Andonis Foniadakis and performed by the Martha Graham Dance Company, while "The Rite of Spring" was choreographed by Martha Graham.
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Coronavirus: 5 positive samples in travelers - Alarm for a Swede positive for the virus who took walks in Athens
- Spectacular arrest of members of a foreign criminal organization for robberies, thefts and drugs (vid)
- Athens closed off to cars for three months
- Greek police find over 2kg of cocaine in stolen car in Athens