Environment Ministry Plans Plastic Bag Limitations
The General Directorate of the Environment Ministry has issued a voluntary compliance, over capping plastic bag usage with the retail industry.
The Ministry issued a document that was brought before Parliament, according to reports. It noted that in 2012, plastic parcels involving bags totaled 184,915 as reported by ANA-MPA.
Currently the "National Waste Prevention Programme" has been put in place. The Programme has four major concerns including packaging supplies and also promotes eco-friendly awareness to the public.
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew: Humanity must act responsibly and protect the environment
- PM Mitsotakis speaks with Pope Francis on pandemic, environment
- Chinese artist performs in Athens to raise environmental awareness
- Plastic grocery bags on the way out
- European Commission urges Greece to adopt EU laws against plastic bags