Today just after 12:00 p.m., a fire erupted on Crete between Profitis Ilias and Partheni villages, according to reports.
Sixteen firefighters with six fire trucks and one helicopter are trying to extinguished the flames, as reported by ANA-MPA. However, strong winds are threatening their efforts, while the cause of the fire remains undetermined.
- FM Dendias: 'Greece reserves the right to extend its territorial waters anywhere, anytime.'
- Electrification test of Crete-to-mainland Greece power cable successful, says IPTO
- Communist Party MEPs call on European Commission to assist Crete after devastating floods
- Earthquakes rocks Crete - Seismologist not worried
- Fire in Evros: Strong forces of the Fire Brigade, two active fronts - Battle to save the forest of Dadia